VeeamON 2017 – Quick Recap
Wednesday morning kicked off the official start of #VeeamON2017 in New Orleans. The first part of this week’s conference was focused on Veeam Training for the VMCE (Veeam Certified Engineer) program as well as Veeam’s Partner Day events.
The keynote began with Peter McKay, Co-CEO & President at Veeam, telling us about the digital journey and a 24/7 ‘always-on‘ life we all tend to be living. He also gave us insight to how Veeam is playing a role helping industries meet those needs for availability. Peter also shared with us Veeam’s profitability, market share, and growth, all of which were some nice numbers honestly.
Next Veeam execs each had their moment on stage to show us all of the new greatness coming from the Veeam this year.
- NEW Veeam Availability Suite v10 drives non-stop business continuity, digital transformation agility and analytics & visibility to new levels
- NEW Veeam CDP helps customers to protect and recover Tier-1 and mission-critical applications
- NEW Veeam Availability for AWS offers industry’s first cloud-native, agentless backup and Availability solution to protect AWS apps and data
- NEW Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows provides ‘Always-On Cloud’ Availability for Windows-based physical servers and endpoints, as well as applications running in Microsoft Azure, AWS and other public clouds
- NEW Extending Veeam ‘Always-On Cloud’ Availability Platform with new Universal Storage API framework; IBM, Lenovo and Infididat join Veeam’s storage partner ecosystem
Veeam is never afraid to do LIVE Demos, which is pretty great most of the time. With only a short few minutes of technical difficulties they were able to keep up that tradition and show us how Veeam Availability Suite v10 works.
v10 in More Detail
- Ability manage and protect Physical servers and Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Tier-1 applications and mission-critical workloads with NEW Veeam CDP (continuous data protection), bringing recovery SLAs of seconds using continuous replication to the private or managed cloud
- Native object storage support, freeing up costly primary backup storage with policy-driven automated data management to reduce long term retention and compliance costs. This includes broad cloud object storage support with Amazon S3, Amazon Glacier, Microsoft Azure Blob and any S3/Swift compatible storage.
- Veeam Availability for AWS. This service is being delivered through a Veeam & N2WS strategic partnership that will allow Cloud-native, agentless backup and recovery using native AWS snapshots. This advancement can also mitigate the risk of downtime & data loss for AWS workloads by decoupling data and storing backups independently from the underlying AWS infrastructure. (Great for those pesky AWS outages)
- New integrations and partner solutions including VMware vRealize, DataGravity and Starwind Software
Stay Tuned for more updates this week!